The holidays are fast approaching, and many families are traveling as part of their celebrations. If you are planning a visit to Florida for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, you won’t need to worry about squeezing into a relative’s crowded home. Instead, you can book your own private vacation home through Kong Vacation Homes!
More and more families are opting to create new traditions by renting vacation homes for the holidays. In fact, the vacation rental site HomeAway’s 2019 trend report showed a 45-percent increase in demand for holiday homes – and that demand continues to grow!
When you spend the holidays in Florida, you will be trading your conventional “White Christmas” of snow for our white sand beaches! Kong Vacation Homes has properties in Tampa Bay and Hallandale Beach, putting you in close proximity to the holiday spirit that West Central and South Florida have to offer. You may choose to rent a property that is near your family’s permanent residence, or you may all choose to come together to celebrate the season at a vacation home closer to a holiday destination, like Christmas Town Holiday at Busch Gardens in Tampa!
Either way, vacation homes offer many advantages to families at the holidays. If your home – or a relative’s home – isn’t large enough to accommodate all of the people who plan to gather around the holiday table, opting for a vacation rental is a great solution. With an average of 1,500 square feet and all of the comforts of home, a vacation home is a much more spacious and family-friendly option than a standard hotel room. And, it’s certainly more comfortable than sleeping on Aunt Susan’s couch!
The amenities at vacation homes are sure to bring on holiday cheer! The fully equipped kitchens in Kong Vacation Homes allow you to cook meals, and the dining rooms can accommodate the entire family. Sofa-filled lounges, furnished outdoor decks, and fenced yards offer room for everyone to socialize and for kids to play! And, unlike Grandma’s house, our homes have private bedrooms, sleeping 8 to 12 guests per property comfortably. Some homes even have extra amenities, like hot tubs and pools!
But, before you decide to rent a vacation home for the holidays, there are some things you need to know:
- Thanksgiving through New Year is a busy time for travel, which may influence pricing. Make sure to book as far in advance as possible for the best price.
- Read the entire property description and the rental agreement for the vacation home you plan to book. If you have any questions about what the rental includes, contact the owner.
- Make sure you have a budget for the vacation home and everyone has agreed to it in advance. Make sure that you clearly understand the refund and cancellation policies.
- If you’re planning to share the vacation home with family members, talk with everyone about the expectations they have for the holiday getaway. If you have specific needs for your accommodations, reach out to the property’s owner with the request.
- If decorations are on your “must have” list, ask the owner if they decorate the home for the holidays or if it’s okay for you to do so. Make sure to be specific about the decorations you have in mind, like lights or tinsel!
- If you’re planning on hosting a dinner at the home, make sure you’re familiar with the rules concerning parties and plan to follow them. Family gatherings are one thing, but parties are prohibited in most vacation homes.
- Check out the area near your rental for places of worship, holiday activities, or other amenities. In Tampa, you can find “Christmas in the Wild” at Lowry Park Zoo, “Christmas Town Holiday” at Busch Gardens, and even a “Winter Village” at Curtis Hixon Park downtown. Closer to Hallandale Beach, you can find “Santa’s Enchanted Forest” at Tropical Park and “Zoo Lights” at Zoo Miami, as well as other light displays and festive boat parades!
As a family-owned and operated company, the holidays are important to us. We hope you feel like part of our family when you stay at Kong Vacation Homes! Visit our website to see all available properties. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-499-9026. We look forward to celebrating with you!