Earth Day is an annual celebration of our planet, taking place every April 22. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day events span the globe with more than 193 countries participating. Whether you live at a Kong Management Group property or somewhere else, here are some easy ways that you can make a difference in the environment, beginning at home:
- SAVE ENERGY. When you conserve energy, you are helping to save precious natural resources and reduce pollution. That’s why Kong Management Group properties feature LED lights and other efficiency measures! Did you know that just turning off your electronics for Earth Day can make an impact? Some other little changes that will make a big difference include turning off the lights when you are not in the room, unplugging items when they are not in use, or switching to energy-efficient appliances.
- RECYCLE YOUR WASTE. With a simple bin system at your home, it’s easy to get in the habit of sorting your recyclable paper, plastic, aluminum, and glass. Not only does recycling save these materials from the landfill, but it allows them to be repurposed and reused! If you live at a Kong Management Group property and need to find a recycling center, contact us at 866-499-9026 or email@example.com.
- USE WATER WISELY. You can easily conserve water by turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, taking shorter showers, and running larger loads of clothes or dishes in your appliances. Also, make sure your toilet is low-flush, and check your home for any plumbing leaks!
- HEAD OUTDOORS. Celebrate Earth Day by spending time outside, so you can experience the beauty of Mother Nature firsthand. Take a walk, bike ride, or even a hike. Whatever outdoor activity you choose, try to appreciate the day!
- GET GARDENING. One of the best ways to commemorate Earth Day is by getting your hands dirty! Plant a tree, flowers, vegetables, herbs, or other greenery in your yard or community garden. By planting, you can help support fresher soil, cleaner air, and a more beautiful planet.
- SPREAD THE WORD. One person can make a small difference, but together we can make real change. Share this blog with your friends and invite them to celebrate Earth Day with you. The more people who are actively reducing, reusing, recycling, the better off our world will be!
Whatever you do to celebrate Earth Day, we hope you will do it with love! We also hope that this blog inspires you to act every day to reduce your carbon footprint and to benefit our planet. If you have any questions about what we’re doing at Kong Management Group to reduce, reuse, and recycle, we’d love to hear from you. Check out our website, and contact us at 866-499-9026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.