The health, safety, and well-being of our residents and guests is of the utmost importance to Kong Management Group. As the global outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues, we have been closely monitoring the spread of the virus and its potential impact. The cleanliness and upkeep of our properties remains our first priority, as we work to maintain a healthy living environment for you.
The state, counties, and cities are working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to put safeguards in place to protect you. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has declared a state of emergency due to coronavirus. In addition, Florida counties, including Pasco, Hillsborough, and Broward, have issued local states of emergency for at least seven days.
With the help of public health experts, we’ve compiled the following information about COVID-19 and the steps you can take to prevent illness.
What We Know:
According to CDC, the immediate risk of exposure to the COVID-19 is thought to be low. However, in places where ongoing community spread has been reported, people are at an elevated risk of exposure.
- The virus is spread by respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the eyes, noses, or mouths of people who are nearby, or even be inhaled into the lungs.
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (i.e., the sickest) but can be contagious early in course of illness.
- The elderly and adults with underlying health conditions are at increased risk for severe disease, while, to date, children seem to present with milder disease.
- There is no approved treatment or vaccine for this virus.
- Masks should be worn by those with respiratory symptoms and may be helpful to control spread of infection. Wearing masks by healthy people is not recommended.
- Typical symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure, presenting as fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
How to Protect Yourself and Your Family:
The best way to protect against respiratory illness, including COVID-19, is to continue to practice good health habits.
- Stay calm. Concern about a novel virus infection outbreak can lead to fear and anxiety. Health professionals are here to help alleviate these fears.
- Avoid others who are sick.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol base.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, and kissing.
- Avoid large gatherings. Here is a list of event cancellations in Tampa Bay.
- Avoid travel to high risk locations. Here is the CDC’s traveler information.
- If traveling by air, wipe down all surfaces in the plane with antibacterial wipes designed for surfaces. The key is allowing the surface to air dry following wiping the surface with an antibacterial wipe.
- If you become ill, stay home, call your doctor’s office to discuss symptoms, and try to stay out of healthcare facilities.
Please contact Kong Management Group with any additional concerns at 866-499-9026. If you are a renter who is impacted by travel bans or event cancellations, we are here to work with you. Please refer to the CDC for more disease-related information.